Each Sunday evening as the responsibilities of the coming week come to mind, I just want to hide under the covers. I feel bummed that the weekend is ending. Here is my list to attempt to provide some comfort for those of us who get a case of the Sundays.
1) You have made it through so many weeks before, why would this week be any different?
2) The next weekend is only five days away.
3) Remember that you did have one fun day at work last week. Try to shoot for two this week! (I actually had 3 last week).
4) You are not alone - anyone who has a job gets a case of the Sundays.
5) Once you get into the routine, all of the fun that you had over the weekend will give you energy to tackle the challenges.
Here's a list of five things to do to make Monday go so much better.
1) Watch some comedy before bed. I recommend Parks and Recreation or Arrested Development to lift spirits. I also recently discovered the episodes of Big Bang Theory that are available on the network website.
2) Pet your cat or dog.
3) Read something light.
4) Play cards or a game with a friend or your kids.
5) Remember to get the coffee pot ready before you go to bed.
I'd love to hear what you do or say to yourself to help with a case of the Sundays.